Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Haven't you needed the freedom of losing your past?

Sorry to all my loyal readers (Jerry) for the lapse in posting this week.. i have no excuse other than Mr. B has been off for 2 days and we have been hanging out. He hates the computer, I don't even think he read this blog much, but he knows that I am a child of the AIM generation with my social networking and blogging and what nots.. I guess that is what I get for marrying an old man! (just kidding, if you are reading this, Tim)

This past weekend I went on down to Huntington town for a little rendezvous with some amazing friends of ours (Jerry, again, as well as Mark and Diana from Dayton and Hayley, my old journalism friend from Marshall) We were all gathered for a show at the V-club with none other than my new favorite band, Holy Ghost Tent Revival. A few posts back I talked about them playing in Columbus and completely "killing it" as they say.. well this was no exception.

Rewind, I drove down to Huntington on Saturday and got there about 5, had some amazing Hibachi dinner with Jerry and his lovely friends that were Avett fans also!, and Mark and Diana, our musical family parents! When we went over to the V-club about 9ish, the band was already there, and Jamie, their wonderful manager. I warned them the paparazzi was in the building and not to be alarmed, of course they are excellent sports and allowed me to stalk them all evening, even managing to get all 6 of them in a phone booth made for 1. Photos below!

The show was opened by The Wild Rumpus, a band that was wonderful as well, out of Fayetteville, WV. Click the link and give it a listen. I will have to edit those photos and get them to the band, they might appreciate that... that is a note to self.

By the time Holy Ghost went on, Mr B. had succesfully made it there from work, but Hayley had not, she came in during the set, found me and was absolutely floored by what she was hearing. Hayley is a former Radio DJ at Marshall University and totally nice person. She just landed a job in NYC in advertising, which I am very excited to live vicariously through her and also to go visit! I was glad she liked what she was hearing, because she was kind enough to oblige my request to use her floor as temporary housing for said creators of the music she was hearing..

They played for about 2 hours, and from the looks of it you'd think they had a packed house. Unfortunately, only a handful of people came out. Those who were not with our little crew were probably floored to have stumbled upon this band of up and coming songsters and I am convinced that in the coming few years, those who stayed home will be kicking themselves as Holy Ghost Tent Revival makes a name for themselves.

After the show, we made sure everyone was prepared to travel to their accomodations (read: Hayley's apartment floor) and we went home to sleep. I was so restless, as I am many night after a fun time out.. and the next morning my ears were still ringing. Mr. B was back out to work (TROOPER) and Jerry and I went to rally the troops for a proper send-off of Chili-Willis and hugs.

Can't wait til next time!



No comments: