Monday, March 23, 2009

Our newest additions

Last week was wonderful.. The Avett Brothers put out their June tour dates, which gave Mr. B and I 2 extra dates we are going (makes 4 shows planned- Philly, Pittsburgh, Akron, Columbus) and all those are with Jerry!!! and also various other members of our little Team Avett family. =) Reunion tour time! Tim is very excited to actually have concerts on the radar, as we weren't sure how long it would be before we were gonna get out and see the boys again.

Also, the weather has turned and it is gorgeous here, a little chilly yet for my liking, but sunny and wonderful!

Thirdly, and most importantly, we found a lady that had 2 Sphynx cats in need of a permanent home. She had gone to Texas to pick up some dogs that needed rescued when she saw the two little girls on a screen porch. She decided she would take them, because they were obviously not being taken good enough care of. She has had the babies since late Fall and had not yet placed them online to look for a home. I found out about them through a SphynxRescue YAHOO! group that I joined when I decided I wanted this kind of animal. I posted after I had missed out on a cat in Massachusetts, because I was in WV. It took about 3 hours for someone to mention the foster mom in need of a home for her rescues. I emailed her and within 2 days all the plans were pinned down. We were meeting her at a dog show (she is a breeder or Chinese Crested dogs) in Nashville on Friday to pick them up. All I had to go on were a few photos and her word, but things worked out seemlessly.

Tim, aka the best man I know, drove the whole time to go get them and bring them home. When I walked into the RV where they were, I could not stop smiling, and when I saw them I knew already they would be perfect, they are both so gorgeous and full of personality. They are Sphynx which means they have no hair, which makes them so soft and unique. We got them into the car and went to the hotel for the night, they were out and playing with Tim in about 10 seconds, Gerty (she is grey and overweight, but so so loving) was licking and rubbing all over his head while he laid on the bed. Paisley went straight for the food and exploring the room, she is black and speckled, but looks like a Boston Terrier in the face. She is so little and wants to be in your lap or under your coat if you let her.

We were going to walk Music Row but we were smitten and decided to go eat and then come home and be with the kitties. We ate at this place called Mafiaoza's in Nashville, it was sooooo stinkin' good. you have to try it if you are there. The atmosphere was loud and busy and the food was delicious.

the next day we drove them home, and they slept in the car almost the whole way, they are SO well behaved. they both use the litter box perfectly and dont mind it when we leave and put them in thier room (they have the laundry room as thier haven, fully equipped with cardboard boxes with pillows and fleece blankees.

they are laying (one in a box and one on floor, both in blankees) right now, and one is making the sweetest little whimper, kinda sounds like a snore, maybe she is sleeping and snoring! how cute!

here are some point & shoot photos until I get out my camera and get some better shots

Paisley Propecia Bennett

Gertrude "Gerty" Rogaine Bennett

No comments: