Monday, March 9, 2009

Teresa and Dontay, cutest couple in Charleston

Sunday was beautiful! Daylight savings made the sun stay out longer and the weather was gorgeous! I was so pleased because I had the first engagement couple of 2009 to photograph.

Teresa contacted me because of all the bragging my husband does at MedExpress where he works. She is marrying Dontay on August 1st!! They are having their ceremony at the Capitol on the Senate side of the rotunda, which is where my conference was all weekend!

For engagement shots, Teresa made arrangements to get them taken at the beautiful Governor's Mansion in Charleston, where we had photographed a gala the night before! weird how it all worked out, actually.

These two met when Dontay was at University of Charleston and they have been together ever since she showed him around town. That a girl!

When Tim and I went over to the mansion, we just starting in one room and worked our way around, having Teresa and Dontay try out just about every seat in the place and stand in all the natural light there was pouring in the windows.. I wish I could photograph every couple here! The colors and all the great backgrounds make it a perfect place!

After we finished at the mansion, we went outside and it just so happened that Governor Manchin and First Lady Gayle were coming home from a trip and they came out and greeted Teresa and Dontay in the middle of our shoot!!! It was a totally fun moment and after they went back in, Teresa yelled "Allie, did you get that?!" haha and yes, I did.

We walked over to the Capitol and played on the stairs, as Teresa and Dontay relaxed and starting coming up with things they wanted to try, the shoot got better and better.. these two are extremely photogenic anyway, and totally cute together! I hope they are super pleased!! I was kind of nervous but after doing this shoot I am feeling great about doing more!








with the Governor and 1st Lady!

No comments: