Wednesday, February 11, 2009

so, I married an artist..

As I promised, my latest blog is about my artist husband.. Mr. B, who has a day job as an x-ray tech at MedExpress in Charleston.

in 2006, I believe, we were dating and vacationing at the infamous Myrtle Beach when Mr. B purchased a painting from a local selling at Starbucks. This is only one in a series of paintings that Mr. B purchased during his time working as an x-ray tech in PA, WA, CT, etc. He has always been an art collector and finally he was sick of spending so much on things that "he could do himself." So we went to the Myrtle Beach Michael's Craft store and I purchased canvas, paint and brushes, etc to get him started. I was in art school at the time, and knew that he needed the creative outlet. In the first few months he took off with it. I am sitting in our living room now with 22 paintings he has done in the last 3 years.

One of the main things that Mr. B has taken to in his painting is listening to music, picking out a line that strikes him and turns it into pop art. He then takes the paintings to concerts and attempts to get them signed by the artists that inspired it. It has worked out fantastically so far and he and I are thinking about doing a joint show of my photos and his paintings somewhere down the line..

anyway, here are a few of his images..


No comments: