Thursday, February 19, 2009

I love Food.

I'm catching up on Top Chef, my favorite show on TV right now... GOSH I just love it! Carla and Fabio are my favorite, they are both so cute, Fabio with his broken finger and broken english and Carla with her ex-model looks and fun personality. I just watched Carla win a Toyota! that's awesome.. DARN IT.. Fabio just got sent home :( I guess I know who to cheer for now.

Now it is time to watch Iron Chef America (my favorite thing to do with my husband is watch cooking shows, btw) Michael Symon is my favorite, and lucky me, he is on this episode!

Tim will be home shortly and we will begin our weekend together! we only get half of them together, because of his work schedule!, but this weekend is special because it is our anniversary! its a whole year on Sunday since we eloped at the courthouse in Charleston. Time has flown by but it definitely seems like we have been married longer, just because we lived together and shared everything long before we were married.. I am soooo lucky to be married to such a wonderful person and a hard working man. He amazes me all the time and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for him... I guess we are making it.. living the dream... now if we only had a dog we would be in great shape (kidding, hunny!) sort of.

We don't have any big plans for the weekend other than a few dinners and a movie or 2.. we are saving money and keeping long term plans on the front burner.. it's challenging sometimes to think long term, but i know it will pay off..

Rewind to this week, I have been teaching TIP trainings and trained almost 40 servers and bartenders about responsible alcohol service for my job at SOBER, these trainings can be tedious but all in all, they are fun. Most people who work in restaurants and bars are hilarious, so I have a good time. After a horrible experience at the library last week when I did my training, I have vowed to never teach there alone again! I'd tell you all about it, but don't really feel like reliving it, Mr. Tom Jamison laughed his butt off over it, and that made me feel better. So, after about a week of being irritated off and on, I am officially over it!

Fast forward again and I am looking forward to next weekend, when we will again see our friends from Holy Ghost Tent Revival (go back 3 posts to see thier pics!) in Huntington and I will be shooting thier photos.. hopefully be able to get some fun promo shots. I am also trying to get some clients lined up on a $30/hour you-name-it portrait shoots in Huntington. So if you are in Huntington, contact me for an appointment at the location of your choice!

Fast forward another weekend and Timmy and I will be double teaming the Capital Convergence 2009 WVU Center for Civic Engagement conference... we are shooting this for free and selling CDs of the images to the conference goers.. we shall see how that goes, but I know it will be fun because we are going to a Gala at the Governor's Mansion, meeting the first lady and Congresswoman Capito, and hanging out with plenty of wonderful people from my past life as a Student Council camp counselor! Plus, it is great practice on live models! score!

Having to do with no fast forwarding or rewinding.. I love food. In the past couple years, I have learned to cook a lot of things and recently have started making my own recipes with my new oven!!! Having a nice oven makes cooking so much more fun! haha! I am submitting a recipe to the Pillsbury Bake-Off 2010.. I can't tell you what it is, but I will tell you that my ingredients off the "must use" list are Smuckers Concord Grape Jelly and Pillbury Cinnamon Rolls.... umm it is soooo good! Cross your fingers and I will win $1 million dollars to spend on paying off my and tim's cars and buying a house/studio! haha YES!

photos... photos.... what photos to share with this incredible random post...
I know, a new self portrait in my bathroom... a kitty jumping in mid air and my sister and her hub dancing at their Las Vegas wedding!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Responsible service alcohol is important to educate bartenders on how to serve and sell alcohol in a responsible way.. Keep this up!
----------
RSA