Monday, February 9, 2009

i live my life one concert to the next

Can I just say how good of a weekend I just had? Mr. B and I made the trek to Columbus, Ohio this weekend to
a.) visit my big sister, Sarah and her new hubby Aaron (I did pictures at their Vegas wedding, if you go back about six entries in the blog you will find them!)
b.) see one of my favorite bands, Holy Ghost Tent Revival (http://www.myspace.com/HGTR)
c.) see some members of the Avett Nation (Jerry, Mark, Diana!)
d.) buy a new Canon DSLR. (okay, we didn't plan this one originally, but I will explain)

My sister and her hubby live in Hilliard, in this cute house with 2 dogs (Chili the Chihuahua and Falcor the Shi-tzu ) and a cat named Kitty. We ate at this place called the Starliner Diner, I can't recall but the food was great Cuban-esque style. yum!
We went to the Scarlet & Grey Cafe for the show and ordered Hounddogs pizza, if you haven't eaten this and you live in the Bus, GET ON IT. Yum. Sarah recommends the spicy sauce! I had Cheese with Mild sauce and it was awesome, the crust is garlicky and delicious! mm now i want some hounddogs pizza....... darn it!

HGTR is a band Mr. B and I saw in 2007 in Greensboro, NC after an Avett Brothers concert.. They were playing in this dive bar called The Blind Tiger and I was instantly hooked. They have grown and evolved (read: done some housekeeping) and now they are better than ever, buy the CD SO LONG I SCREAMED online NOW! http://www.holyghosttentrevival.com

It was good to see my one and only blog follower at this point JERRY! or Jer-Bear as I call him.. he is one of my favorite people in the world and he took good care of me all evening at the show (thank you, thank you, thank you for all the beverages you bought! hah) I can't wait to spend another weekend with Jerry and live music!

Mark and Diana are the other folks that met us out there, we have known them for 2 years? something like that. Met all these fine folks at Avett Brothers concerts and have a really great bond with them. We will be crashing on your couch sometime in the near future! (the offer remains if they ever come play Parkersburg, yes a long shot, but still!)

okay, now you are probably wondering about the new CANON 40D! Timmy and I took a detour in search of FrogRanch Peppered Pickles (something he got hooked on at our wedding reception!) and although we didnt find peppered pickles, we did find a Circuit City that was, obviously, closing. We went in after Compact Flash memory cards for my existing camera (got 2 at $18 each!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!) and came across my Canon 40D DSLR for $909.... the wheels started turning.......

We talked all the way home about that good deal, and how I needed a back up camera and how Tim would like to exchange his Film SLR for a Digital.... well long story short, we went to our local Circuit City that was going out of business and picked one up..... AND I FEEL GREAT! I am so relieved to know I have a back up for events and that now Tim will be assisting in many events that I have booked or will book (weddings, conferences, etc)

Thats good news for all of you out there who are considering booking me, now you will most likely get 2 for the price of 1!

on with the photos.. i know! Here are some shots from the HGTR show!!

in my next post, I will have new Parkersburg area locations for shoots, fresh off my CF memory card!

For more HGTR shots, view myspace here!
-Allie



No comments: