Friday, May 22, 2009

Keep on livin' for yourself.. and nobody else..

Ahhh! The weather is so nice, I am actually not annoyed when the sun bursting through the window wakes me up every morning. =] I really just got the urge to go camping, I guess that is because it is Memorial Day weekend, too bad the boy has to work this weekend as an x-ray tech and not as my second shooter.. I can't wait until we have more clients and more time spent shooting together =)

Last night we went and watched the Terminator:Salvation movie, I gotta say that McG is a killer director (same guy that did We are Marshall) He killed it. Also, I realized that if I was smart I would have gone to school to do graphics for movies, because I guarantee those guys that do that for that movie made bank!! So much awesome looking computer work. Kudos!

What else... oh! I know! I have become a part of a group around WV and beyond known as Oh Snap! basically it is a group of photographers doing business in WV, OH, etc that get together every so often and learn from one another or with one another. We were talking about it last week and decided that there is no competition between us, and we can only gain by learning from and with each other. What do you all think? When you look for a photographer, what sets people apart? What makes you want one of us over another? Our thought was you are hiring us because of style which is also part of our personalities and since each of us brings something different, we are not in competition with anyone but ourselves.. discuss amongst my comment page!

Oh Snap! is a lot of fun and I already learned so much. I am going on a shoot with them on the 7th and Blair my beautiful bride (any maybe Josh, my wonderful Groom) and Brooke my best friend since forever are both going to serve as models while we shoot what photographers call "TTD" Trash The Dress! It's gonna be a hoot. I am excited and will have a slue of images to share after that!

I am also going to be learning Lightroom from these folks! Lightroom is software, and since I am a photo school drop out (not really) I never learned much software, but from the sounds of it, this program is going to save my life when I get busier! =) SWEET!

I am in the market for a new computer, which of course brings the debate of what to get. I know I need a workhorse for photo work ONLY. I have a laptop with a 17 inch screen right now that is working somewhat sufficiently, so I will have it for website, blog, updating facebook and general internet browsing. I just need something that will work awesome for my photo editing and some movie editing, which I would like to branch into a little at some point. My instinct and many photographers have said MAC MAC MAC get a g5 desktop or a macbookpro laptop... then I have a friend who builds computers that can build me one for nearly 1/2 price and I trust that he knows whats up! I guess I will just have to keep on dreaming until I get a nice little pocket of $ saved up, but if you have a comment about that, comment away!

As I type this blog, my cats are sitting here being adorable. I love them so much and I am happy we rescued them. They are doing well and are also loving this sunshine through the patio door!

For your dose of photo lovin' how about a bunch more random shots from Blair and Josh's Engagement Session? some of these are a little artsy, I like to shoot everything from a few traditional up to a few completely random shots... hope you enjoy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as usual i love the photos

and a mac will do wonders for you <3

Allie Bennett said...

thanks bekkee =)