Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Together.. we are a family.

My husband and I are coming up on 2 years of marriage! It's seems like it should be more like 5, since we lived together for quite a while before getting hitched, but on February 22nd, it will be 2 years of marriage and I gotta tell you - it is awesome.

We are going to be about a month and a half away from having our first baby at that time and our lives are going to be so much different.  We are really looking forward to the challenge and the joys it is sure to bring.  We love this little girl so much already and we don't even know what color eyes she has.. it is awesome!

Looking back, Tim & I have always said "together. we are a family" because so many people have the mentality that you are just a couple until you have kids.  I was never sure I wanted kids until last summer, so my mentality has always been that even two people can be a family. Tim is my closest friend and for now, the only member of my immediate family.. but now we get to experience a child and being more than just a couple.  It is terrifying and thrilling at the same time.

We got photos made at holiday time, for our cards but they also ended up being somewhat pregnancy/maternity shots.. Although I didn't have much of a bump.. the feeling is there and I think some of the photos say a thousand words about what it feels like to be pregnant.  Enjoy our family photos from this year!!


Photo by Michelle Waters


Photo by Michelle Waters


Photo by Angela Donahew




Photo by Tina Nichols


Photo by Stephanie Carpenter


No comments: